Monday, June 13, 2011

An Amazing Friend


I got the most amazing email today.  It brought tears during my lunch break from the OR.  My great friend emailed me that she and her husband have been thinking for months about potentially being a surrogate for us.  She told me that they have done research on the process and have really thought about it.  She has one child and her pregnancy was uncomplicated.  

She said that she didn’t know how to bring it up earlier because she didn’t want to imply that she thought we would never have our own children.  She knows that we will (hopefully!) be trying IVF and if we do we will hopefully (!) be successful.    

It means the world to us that they have thought about giving us this gift.  I cannot imagine a greater gift than helping us have a child.  

Of course there are many complicated decisions that go into this process and we would go through every one in detail.  But for now, it makes me smile and definitely eases my nerves, to know that our great friends are out there for us.  And if they change their mind, absolutely no hard feelings!  

I feel so fortunate to have wonderful, supportive friends and family.  

No comments:

Post a Comment